With the exception of “guest posts” written by guest authors on my site, I own the content on this Web site. It is copyrighted in my name. I want to have a balance between distributing my content, yet at the same time protecting my intellectual property rights. Thanks for your cooperation.
Without My Permission
You are free to do the following without my permission:
- Link to my site or any specific post on my site.
- Extract and re-post less than 75 words on any other site, provided you link back to my original post.
- Print off my posts and photocopy up to 50 copies for internal distribution within your own company or organization.
- Print my posts in any non-commercial publication (e.g., company newsletter, church newsletter, class syllabus, etc.), provided you include this copyright notice: “© 2012, Todd B. Nielsen. All rights reserved. Originally published at www.toddnielsen.com.”
Not Without My Permission
You must have my express written consent to do any of the following:
- Use this content in for commercial purposes, including selling or licensing printed or digital versions of my content.
- Alter, transform, or build upon this work.
Re-posting and Translation Rights
I do not permit the re-posting of my posts in their entirety. This is because Google penalizes websites for publishing duplicate content. Google can’t tell which site hosts the original, so I risk getting penalized myself for granting permission.
I don’t allow the translation and publication of my work in other languages. I just don’t have the time or resources to validate the quality of the translation work.
Guest bloggers retain the copyright to the posts they write. The above permission guidelines do not apply to their work. If you are interested in re-posting or publishing their content, you must contact them directly. I cannot serve as a broker, agent, or contact point.
If you have some use for my content that is not covered here, please use the contact page to reach out to me.