|Company/ Blog Name:|
|Great Leaders Serve|
|Atlanta, GA, USA|
Mark Miller is a business leader, best-selling author and communicator.
Mark began his Chick-fil-A career working as an hourly team member in 1977. In 1978, Mark joined the corporate staff working in the warehouse and mailroom. Since that time, he has provided leadership for Corporate Communications, Field Operations, Quality and Customer Satisfaction, Training and Development, and today he serves as the Vice President for the newly formed Organizational Effectiveness function. During his time with Chick-fil-A, annual sales have grown to over $4 billion. The company has more than 1,600 restaurants in 39 states and the District of Columbia.
Mark began writing about a decade ago. He teamed up with Ken Blanchard, co-author ofThe One Minute Manager to write The Secret : What Great Leaders Know and Do. Today, almost 400,000 copies of The Secret are in print, and it has been translated into more than 20 languages. Recently, he released The Secret of Teams which outlines some of the key lessons learned from a 20 year study on what makes some teams outperform the rest. His newest book, Great Leaders Grow : Becoming a Leader for Life, was released in February 2012 and was co-authored with Ken Blanchard.
In addition to his writing, Mark loves speaking to leaders. Over the years, he’s traveled extensively around the world teaching for numerous international organizations. His theme is always the same: encouraging and equipping leaders. His topics include leadership, creativity, team building, and more.
Mark has an active lifestyle. As a photographer, he enjoys shooting in some of the world’s hardest-to-reach places, including Mount Kilimanjaro, Everest Base Camp and the jungles of Rwanda.
Randomness from Mark:
- Mission/purpose: Encouraging and Equiping Leaders.
- Passion: Helping leaders grow.
- Favorite Quote: “Everything rises and falls on leadership.”
- Family: Married to Donna for 30 years; Two sons, Justin and David, one daughter-in-law, Lindsay, one grand dog – Jackson.
- Books: The Secret and Great Leaders GROW, both co-authored with Ken Blanchard. The Secret of Teams released in 2011.
- Day Job: Vice President, Organizational Effectiveness, Chick-fil-A, Inc.
Links to Connect With Mark: