- It gives you empathy for those going through similar struggles.
- It gives you perspective that the only way to go is up.
- It clears your mind of the clutter and the noise that is preventing you from progressing.
- It helps you overcome the fear of action. (i.e. “What do I have to lose?”)
- It helps produce clarity to see what’s important.
- It helps to increase your resolve to change.
- It helps you realize things in your life you need to let go of.
- It humbles you.
J. K. Rowling said about her rock bottom moment, “I was set free because my greatest fear had been realized, and I still had a daughter who I adored, and I had an old typewriter and a big idea. And so rock bottom became a solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”
Are there any other lessons you’d like to share?